The Centre for Art Tapes is looking for new board members to join our dedicated, energetic and dynamic team! The board of directors is responsible for leading the vision of the Centre in consultation with the membership.
ABOUT THE BOARD:
We have the following board positions currently open:
Treasurer – Ideally this role would go to someone with accounting or bookkeeping experience. Working in consultation with the Programming Director, the treasurer monitors and approves financial reporting.
HR Representative – As a key member of the CFAT personnel committee, this board member acts as a liaison to the directors of the centre, addressing HR policies and questions as they arise. Ideal candidate would have experience within a Human Resources Context.
Director at Large– This role would be responsible for general board work, and sitting on one to two committees. The ideal representative would be a working artist and/or arts administrator with a love of media art.While each position has different responsibilities, as a member of the board of directors, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Attendance of monthly evening board meetings (usually 1.5 – 2h)
- Attendance at committee meetings (Programming, Fundraising, Equipment and Access, etc.) as necessary to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Contribute to both short-term and long-term strategic planning
- General support in management of the centre, including acting as a resource for board members, committee members and other volunteers as needed
- Undergo additional training, when available to further develop your role
- Help form policies and procedures for the ongoing betterment and growth of the centre.
- Time commitment varies but is approximately 10-15 hrs required per month
CFAT is committed to providing equal opportunities within our organization to the four designated groups (as defined by the Canadian Human Rights Commission): women; Aboriginal peoples; persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
For more information on the Centre for Art Tapes visit cfat.ca. To apply, please send along your resume and a short letter of interest to Ian Reilly, Chair of the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Posts Like This
Centre for Art Tapes Artist in Residence paid professional opportunity
Media Art Scholarship program 2020, Centre For Art Tapes Halifax Nova Scotia
Week-long social media residencies for Atlantic media artists
Echolocation with CFAT: An Expanded Media Residency from the Centre for Art Tapes
Call for Submission: The Unseen An Augmented Reality Project w/ CFAT
The Centre for Art Tapes is accepting submissions for our 2019 – 20 Curatorial Residency. We are looking for proposals that offer an exciting and engaging media art presentation to be presented in a public setting within the Halifax Regional Municipality.