Come join us on the CFAT Board!
CFAT is entering a new phase as an arts organization–one where we are working harder toward creating an equitable and safe environment for artists to take exciting creative risks and amplify their stories. Our board and staff have been working hard behind the scenes to bring this vision to fruition, but we need more help to keep the momentum going.
Are you keen to use or develop skills and knowledge in any of the following areas?
- Understanding artist-run culture in Canada and CFAT’s roles in it
- Maintaining awareness of independent media arts-based discourses, practices, and professional support occurring locally, regionally, and nationally
- Attracting funding in novel ways from a variety of supporters
- Developing policy and protocols that promote safe, inclusive spaces to support artists from historically-marginalized groups
- Understanding legal obligations related to governance and stewardship in the not-for-profit world
- Participating in and promoting collaboration and dialogue for consensus-based decision-making
If you answered “yes” to some of the above points, then I urge you to consider joining us on the CFAT Board of Directors.
Expectations of Board Members:
- Attend monthly board meetings to listen and share your knowledge and point of view on issues affecting our organization and complete any ‘action items’ arising from board discussion you agree to take on.
- Serve on one of CFAT’s committees (finance, personnel, governance, programming, equipment & access, and various ad-hoc committees from time to time).
As a board member, you will be working with a committed, dynamic group of emerging and established artists whose practices range from performance, audio, and interactive installation to video, filmmaking, and animation. Our board members are also seasoned educators, arts administrators, technicians and community activists–and we learn a lot from each other.
Joining a board such as ours is a great way of contributing meaningfully to our local arts communities as you develop and broaden your own expertise and perspective. For those with a great depth of experience already, it can also be an incredibly rewarding way to volunteer and witness tremendous and immediate impact.
Want to know more? Please feel free to contact a current CFAT board member or staff person to discuss how becoming a CFAT board member might just be a great move for us both!
More Posts Like This
Centre for Art Tapes Artist in Residence paid professional opportunity
Media Art Scholarship program 2020, Centre For Art Tapes Halifax Nova Scotia
Week-long social media residencies for Atlantic media artists
Echolocation with CFAT: An Expanded Media Residency from the Centre for Art Tapes
Call for Submission: The Unseen An Augmented Reality Project w/ CFAT
The Centre for Art Tapes is accepting submissions for our 2019 – 20 Curatorial Residency. We are looking for proposals that offer an exciting and engaging media art presentation to be presented in a public setting within the Halifax Regional Municipality.